About the University
Mendel University in Brno, abbreviated to MENDELU, was founded in 1919 and is the oldest university of its focus in the Czech Republic. The University consists of five faculties and one University institute; the entire University is based in Brno, with the only exception being the Faculty of Horticulture located in Lednice. The name of the University is after the founder of genetics and the discoverer of the basic laws of inheritance, Gregor Johann Mendel. Since its foundation, the University has changed its name twice; you can find more about its history here.
- Faculty of AgriSciences
- Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Horticulture
- Faculty of Regional Development and International studies
Mendel University in Brno has dedicated facilities for science and teaching, including the Botanical Garden and Arboretum, Training Agricultural Enterprise Žabčice and Training Forest Enterprise Masarykův Les Křtiny.
University and Faculties Management
Rector of the University is prof. Ing. Danuše Nerudová, Ph.D.
For more information regarding the Faculties management refer to here.
Faculties are represented by deans:
- Faculty of AgriSciences - doc. Ing. Pavel Ryant, Ph.D.
- Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology - prof. Dr. Ing. Libor Jankovský
- Faculty of Business and Economics - doc. Ing. Pavel Žufan, Ph.D.
- Faculty of Horticulture - prof. Ing. Robert Pokluda, Ph.D.
- Faculty of Regional Development and International studies - Ing. Jiří Schneider, Ph.D.