Restrictions on face to face teaching and accepting visitors
(1) For the duration of the Regulation, face to face teaching is stopped at the campuses of the University in Brno, in Lednice, at both university estates and at all other university workplaces in the Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as „university campuses”) and is changed to distance form of teaching for students of bachelor’s and following master’s and doctoral degree programs in full-time and part-time form of study. The way of teaching will be determined by individual teachers.
(2) The measure also applies to collective excursions, practical trainings, etc. individual practical trainings are followed by the procedures of each company.
(3) For the duration of the Regulation the student canteen, library, study rooms, study department and PC study rooms will be closed
(4) The office hours of the study and international relation departments will be cancelled for the duration of the Regulation. As well as other departments of the Dean’s Office and the Rectorate connected with activities related to educational activities.
(5) Students are asked to limit access to the university campuses for a period strictly necessary, only for necessary reasons and usually only in agreement with the teacher or other competent staff of the university.
(6) Foreign visits are banned in all areas of the University for the duration of this Regulation.
(7) All business trips abroad are banned. All supervisors who are allowed to approve business trips are ordered to cancel subordinate employees all business trips abroad already approved. At the same time, all supervisors are prohibited from approving subordinate employees business trips abroad.
(8) Students are recommended not to travel abroad. Students are also asked to limit their mobility within the Czech Republic.
(9) Employees and students are advised not to gather at the campus in groups of more than 30 people at the same time.
(10) Employees and students are recommended to follow the measures of the central and other state administration authorities of the Czech Republic.
Restriction of collective actions
With effect from Monday 9. March 2020, all collective actions at the campus are stopped, and any non-individual action involving a maximum of two students or applicants at the same time and place will be considered as a collective action.
(1) University staff, in matters of prevention of the introduction and spread of coronavirus, who are not changed by this Regulation, are governed by generally binding regulations and recommendations, in particular with the Ministry of Health, the National Health Institute and the Regional Hygiene Station of the South Moravian Region.
(2) In the case of the introduction of coronavirus, in the form of the first COVID-19 infectious disease confirmed by the Ministry of Health of a resident in the South Moravian Region, the academic staff of the University will change the regime outside the university workplace pursuant to Section 317 of Act no. as amended, the so-called home office.
(1) This Regulation supplements and changes the Rector’s order issued under ref. 5518/2020-921 of 4. March 2020.
(2) Amendments to Articles 1 (1), 2 and 4 (2) issued under ref. 6038/2020-921 dated 11 March 2020 shall enter into force and effect on the day of its publication.
(3) Amendments to Article 1 (6) and (7) issued under ref. 6167/2020-921 dated 12 March 2020 come into force and effect on the day of its publication.
prof. Ing. Danuše Nerudová, Ph.D.
On 13 September, Emmanuelle Charpentier, a French researcher in the fields of microbiology, genetics and biochemistry, received the honorary degree of doctor honoris causa at Mendel University in Brno. Together with her colleague Jennifer Doudna,…19. 9. 2023
Digital Water Lab: two MENDELU faculties collaborate on a new form of teaching…A digital water laboratory is being established at the Institute of Applied and Landscape Ecology, which will be part of a network of centres using mixed reality to teach future experts in water management. The digitisation of water management data,…6. 9. 2023
LDF researchers help kick-start forestry in Aragvi, GeorgiaGeorgia's Aragvi - a newly established protected landscape area (PLA) of almost 100,000 hectares - is located in three separate valleys about 80 km north of the Georgian capital Tbilisi. "We are working in an area with harsh winters, sultry summers…1. 9. 2023
Science team focuses on the decline of seagrasses, important ocean ecosystemsSeagrass beds are considered ocean rainforests. They are some of the richest marine ecosystems and play an important ecological role in the world of the seas and oceans. Globally, however, seagrass meadows are declining, with a species of seagrass…8. 8. 2023
MENDELU in Mongolia helps with the implementation of the Czech tourist signage…Mongolia will use the Czech system of marking tourist routes. The Mongolian Tourist Association (MWA) has signed a contract with the Czech Tourist Club in Bogd Khan Mountain, one of the oldest protected areas in the world. The sprawling capital city…10. 7. 2023
Scientists develop new fertilizers for drought, should supply plants with…New fertilisers being developed by scientists at Mendel University in Brno in collaboration with a commercial partner could help plants overcome drought stress. The natural-based preparations should provide crops with a controlled supply of…27. 6. 2023
School Forest Enterprise Masaryk Forest Křtiny and Forests of the Czech…The Memorandum of Cooperation was signed on 23 June by Tomáš Vrška, Director of the Masaryk Forest School in Křtiny, and Dalibor Šafařík, Director General of the State Enterprise Forests of the Czech Republic. The agreement was created with the full…23. 6. 2023
The Dutch Ambassador visited MENDELUOn Wednesday 7 June, Mendel University in Brno was visited by the Dutch Ambassador Daan Feddo Huisinga. The main subject of the meeting was the issue of water in the landscape, which was presented by Milada Šťastná, Head of the Department of Applied…8. 6. 2023
A student tries to make fertilizer from the waste produced in recirculating…Experts from the Faculty of Agronomy have extensive freshwater fish farming right on the premises of MENDELU. They use the so-called recirculating aquaculture systems, which allow sustainable breeding by reusing the water in the tanks. Until now,…7. 6. 2023
NAB reversed the decision: doctoral students can continue their studies at the…On 19 May, the Review Commission of the National Accreditation Bureau revoked the decision of the NAB Council to terminate the authorization to implement three doctoral study programmes at the Faculty of Business Administration and discontinued the…31. 5. 2023