Restrictions on face to face teaching and accepting visitors
(1) For the duration of the Regulation, face to face teaching is stopped at the campuses of the University in Brno, in Lednice, at both university estates and at all other university workplaces in the Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as „university campuses”) and is changed to distance form of teaching for students of bachelor’s and following master’s and doctoral degree programs in full-time and part-time form of study. The way of teaching will be determined by individual teachers.
(2) The measure also applies to collective excursions, practical trainings, etc. individual practical trainings are followed by the procedures of each company.
(3) For the duration of the Regulation the student canteen, library, study rooms, study department and PC study rooms will be closed
(4) The office hours of the study and international relation departments will be cancelled for the duration of the Regulation. As well as other departments of the Dean’s Office and the Rectorate connected with activities related to educational activities.
(5) Students are asked to limit access to the university campuses for a period strictly necessary, only for necessary reasons and usually only in agreement with the teacher or other competent staff of the university.
(6) Foreign visits are banned in all areas of the University for the duration of this Regulation.
(7) All business trips abroad are banned. All supervisors who are allowed to approve business trips are ordered to cancel subordinate employees all business trips abroad already approved. At the same time, all supervisors are prohibited from approving subordinate employees business trips abroad.
(8) Students are recommended not to travel abroad. Students are also asked to limit their mobility within the Czech Republic.
(9) Employees and students are advised not to gather at the campus in groups of more than 30 people at the same time.
(10) Employees and students are recommended to follow the measures of the central and other state administration authorities of the Czech Republic.
Restriction of collective actions
With effect from Monday 9. March 2020, all collective actions at the campus are stopped, and any non-individual action involving a maximum of two students or applicants at the same time and place will be considered as a collective action.
(1) University staff, in matters of prevention of the introduction and spread of coronavirus, who are not changed by this Regulation, are governed by generally binding regulations and recommendations, in particular with the Ministry of Health, the National Health Institute and the Regional Hygiene Station of the South Moravian Region.
(2) In the case of the introduction of coronavirus, in the form of the first COVID-19 infectious disease confirmed by the Ministry of Health of a resident in the South Moravian Region, the academic staff of the University will change the regime outside the university workplace pursuant to Section 317 of Act no. as amended, the so-called home office.
(1) This Regulation supplements and changes the Rector’s order issued under ref. 5518/2020-921 of 4. March 2020.
(2) Amendments to Articles 1 (1), 2 and 4 (2) issued under ref. 6038/2020-921 dated 11 March 2020 shall enter into force and effect on the day of its publication.
(3) Amendments to Article 1 (6) and (7) issued under ref. 6167/2020-921 dated 12 March 2020 come into force and effect on the day of its publication.
prof. Ing. Danuše Nerudová, Ph.D.
Water is becoming a scarce raw material and humanity will have to learn to manage it. In times of climate change, this problem will become more and more acute. Water is already a scarce commodity in certain periods. Scientists from 11 countries will…11. 8. 2022
Doležel: We won't be able to feed the world without genetically modified cropsClimate change has multiplied the demands on world agriculture. One way to avoid food shortages is to grow genetically modified crops. A number of countries have already moved in this direction, the European Union is preparing to change the…2. 8. 2022
Scientists from all over the world gathered in Brno to celebrate MendelToday we commemorate the 200th anniversary of the birth of one of history's greatest scientific geniuses. To honor the famous geneticist Gregor Johann Mendel, scientific capacities from all over the world gathered in Brno, including three Nobel…20. 7. 2022
Mendel's anniversary will be commemorated in Brno by scientists from all over…Almost 400 experts from all over the world will come to Brno for the Mendel Genetics Conference, which is the culmination of the celebration of the bicentenary of the birth of the founder of genetics, Gregor Johann Mendel. Three Nobel Prize winners…14. 7. 2022
In Iceland, people retire satisfiedIceland is not only a country of volcanoes and glaciers. The country is inspiring in many ways, such as employment policy. Young people are not afraid to have children while they study university. The total fertility rate has been around two…24. 6. 2022
Researchers will study inequalities in the European labour marketResearchers from more than 30 European countries will study labour market inequalities among older workers. The project, funded by the European Union, will assess the current situation with the final goal of formulating policy recommendations on how…6. 6. 2022
An educational trail is being completed in Masaryk's forest in Israel.The Masaryk Forest in Israel, planted by Czech settlers in 1930, will soon have an educational museum trail commemorating the work and life of the first Czechoslovak president, T.G. Masaryk and his son Jan. The condition of the forest itself…29. 5. 2022
Scientists are developing edible food packagingScientists from the Faculty of AgriSciences at Mendel University in Brno focused on the packaging that can be eaten together with food. Experts are currently developing edible protein-based packaging that has the character of a flexible kitchen foil…12. 5. 2022
Czech Ministry launches a mobile app to help Ukrainians and other foreignersAs part of its activities to help refugees from Ukraine, the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs of the Czech Republic is launching a mobile phone application called Smart Migration. The app allows foreigners to easily find answers in Ukrainian,…12. 4. 2022
Statement on the Russian invasion of UkraineThe leadership of Mendel University in Brno strongly condemns Russia's unprecedented military aggression towards a sovereign state such as Ukraine. This is a serious violation of international law, which is a purely purposeful and well-thought-out…1. 3. 2022