Restrictions on face to face teaching and accepting visitors
(1) For the duration of the Regulation, face to face teaching is stopped at the campuses of the University in Brno, in Lednice, at both university estates and at all other university workplaces in the Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as „university campuses”) and is changed to distance form of teaching for students of bachelor’s and following master’s and doctoral degree programs in full-time and part-time form of study. The way of teaching will be determined by individual teachers.
(2) The measure also applies to collective excursions, practical trainings, etc. individual practical trainings are followed by the procedures of each company.
(3) For the duration of the Regulation the student canteen, library, study rooms, study department and PC study rooms will be closed
(4) The office hours of the study and international relation departments will be cancelled for the duration of the Regulation. As well as other departments of the Dean’s Office and the Rectorate connected with activities related to educational activities.
(5) Students are asked to limit access to the university campuses for a period strictly necessary, only for necessary reasons and usually only in agreement with the teacher or other competent staff of the university.
(6) Foreign visits are banned in all areas of the University for the duration of this Regulation.
(7) All business trips abroad are banned. All supervisors who are allowed to approve business trips are ordered to cancel subordinate employees all business trips abroad already approved. At the same time, all supervisors are prohibited from approving subordinate employees business trips abroad.
(8) Students are recommended not to travel abroad. Students are also asked to limit their mobility within the Czech Republic.
(9) Employees and students are advised not to gather at the campus in groups of more than 30 people at the same time.
(10) Employees and students are recommended to follow the measures of the central and other state administration authorities of the Czech Republic.
Restriction of collective actions
With effect from Monday 9. March 2020, all collective actions at the campus are stopped, and any non-individual action involving a maximum of two students or applicants at the same time and place will be considered as a collective action.
(1) University staff, in matters of prevention of the introduction and spread of coronavirus, who are not changed by this Regulation, are governed by generally binding regulations and recommendations, in particular with the Ministry of Health, the National Health Institute and the Regional Hygiene Station of the South Moravian Region.
(2) In the case of the introduction of coronavirus, in the form of the first COVID-19 infectious disease confirmed by the Ministry of Health of a resident in the South Moravian Region, the academic staff of the University will change the regime outside the university workplace pursuant to Section 317 of Act no. as amended, the so-called home office.
(1) This Regulation supplements and changes the Rector’s order issued under ref. 5518/2020-921 of 4. March 2020.
(2) Amendments to Articles 1 (1), 2 and 4 (2) issued under ref. 6038/2020-921 dated 11 March 2020 shall enter into force and effect on the day of its publication.
(3) Amendments to Article 1 (6) and (7) issued under ref. 6167/2020-921 dated 12 March 2020 come into force and effect on the day of its publication.
prof. Ing. Danuše Nerudová, Ph.D.
Landscape architecture students have advanced to the semi-finals of the international Streetlife Design Competition. A mixed team from the Faculty of Horticulture at MENDELU and the Faculty of Architecture at BUT worked on a design located on the…23. 3. 2023
The new Water in the Landscape Training Centre organises Water days: an…At the end of January, the Water in the Landscape Training Centre was established at Mendel University in Brno. Its aim is to promote innovative approaches in water management education. This week, the centre is organising Water Days, an event that…21. 3. 2023
The LIFE WILD WOLF project seeks a balance between wolves and humans in Europe…Understanding the interactions between humans and wolves in the cultural European landscape and preventing potential critical situations is the aim of a unique international project launched by Mendel University in Brno. A large multidisciplinary…14. 3. 2023
The research team from MENDELU will analyze the role of women in rural lifeMendel University in Brno is part of a European project that will focus on the empowerment of women in agriculture and rural life in ten countries. The three-year Horizon project, funded by the European Commission, will combine different research…28. 2. 2023
Although they feel safe in the Czech Republic, in their minds the employees are…The war in Ukraine has been going on for almost a year now. Russia invaded it on 24 February last year. Mendel University has been involved in helping from the very beginning. Seven Ukrainian scientists with refugee status have found employment at…24. 2. 2023
University Masaryk Forest donates 100 trees to the Masaryk Forest in Israel as…The benefit evening was attended by representatives of the School Forestry Enterprise and the Faculty of Forestry and Wood. "The trees are a symbolic link between the two forests that bear the name of President Liberator. In this connection, we…9. 2. 2023
Academic kindergarten Hrášek is celebrating ten yearsHrášek Kindergarten for the children of employees and students of the Mendel University in Brno has been operating for ten years. The kindergarten opened on February 1, 2013, with two classes with a capacity of forty children. Due to great interest…1. 2. 2023
Microalgae could be used in space for the production of biofuel, water…The effects of cosmic radiation and UV radiation on the survival and growth of microalgae are being investigated by scientists from the Faculty of Agriculture of the Mendel University in Brno. Last year, experts sent a probe into the stratosphere…18. 1. 2023
Scientists are looking for solutions to feed big citiesScientists from the Mendel University in Brno will participate in a European project to respond to major global changes in society. Most of the population is now moving to big cities and the question of how to feed these cities arises. The project,…13. 1. 2023
MENDELU scientists participate in the protection of the French Nature Park…At the French archaeological excavation site of Bibracte, scientists from the Institute of Geology and Pedology of LDF MENDELU participate in European research. Their goal is to propose suitable measures for the protection and adaptation of the…9. 1. 2023