Rector's regulations: Measures to prevent the introduction and spread of coronavirus
13. 3. 2020 -
This Rector's Regulation „the Regulation“) to prevent the introduction and spread of coronavirus causing Corona Virus Disease 2019 - COVID-19 („coronavirus“) sets rules following informal measures announced by the Rector on Monday 2. March 2020, and implemented at Mendel University in Brno (hereinafter referred to as the „University”) pursuant to Act No. 258/2000 Coll. Collective agreements of the University with its trade union organizations and according to recommendations of the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, the State Health Institute and the Regional Hygiene Station of the South Moravian Region.
Restrictions on face to face teaching and accepting visitors
(1) For the duration of the Regulation, face to face teaching is stopped at the campuses of the University in Brno, in Lednice, at both university estates and at all other university workplaces in the Czech Republic (hereinafter referred to as „university campuses”) and is changed to distance form of teaching for students of bachelor's and following master's and doctoral degree programs in full-time and part-time form of study. The way of teaching will be determined by individual teachers.
(2) The measure also applies to collective excursions, practical trainings, etc. individual practical trainings are followed by the procedures of each company.
(3) For the duration of the Regulation the student canteen, library, study rooms, study department and PC study rooms will be closed
(4) The office hours of the study and international relation departments will be cancelled for the duration of the Regulation. As well as other departments of the Dean's Office and the Rectorate connected with activities related to educational activities.
(5) Students are asked to limit access to the university campuses for a period strictly necessary, only for necessary reasons and usually only in agreement with the teacher or other competent staff of the university.
(6) Foreign visits are banned in all areas of the University for the duration of this Regulation.
(7) All business trips abroad are banned. All supervisors who are allowed to approve business trips are ordered to cancel subordinate employees all business trips abroad already approved. At the same time, all supervisors are prohibited from approving subordinate employees business trips abroad.
(8) Students are recommended not to travel abroad. Students are also asked to limit their mobility within the Czech Republic.
(9) Employees and students are advised not to gather at the campus in groups of more than 30 people at the same time.
(10) Employees and students are recommended to follow the measures of the central and other state administration authorities of the Czech Republic.
Restriction of collective actions
With effect from Monday 9. March 2020, all collective actions at the campus are stopped, and any non-individual action involving a maximum of two students or applicants at the same time and place will be considered as a collective action.
(1) University staff, in matters of prevention of the introduction and spread of coronavirus, who are not changed by this Regulation, are governed by generally binding regulations and recommendations, in particular with the Ministry of Health, the National Health Institute and the Regional Hygiene Station of the South Moravian Region.
(2) In the case of the introduction of coronavirus, in the form of the first COVID-19 infectious disease confirmed by the Ministry of Health of a resident in the South Moravian Region, the academic staff of the University will change the regime outside the university workplace pursuant to Section 317 of Act no. as amended, the so-called home office.
(1) This Regulation supplements and changes the Rector's order issued under ref. 5518/2020-921 of 4. March 2020.
(2) Amendments to Articles 1 (1), 2 and 4 (2) issued under ref. 6038/2020-921 dated 11 March 2020 shall enter into force and effect on the day of its publication.
(3) Amendments to Article 1 (6) and (7) issued under ref. 6167/2020-921 dated 12 March 2020 come into force and effect on the day of its publication.
prof. Ing. Danuše Nerudová, Ph.D.