About the University
Mendel University in Brno (abbreviated to MENDELU) is a public institution with a long tradition of excellence in teaching and research that has driven new ways of thinking since 1919 and proudly bears the name of J. G. Mendel, the founder of modern genetics. There are over 8,300 students at the university, including 5,500 undergraduates and 2,800 postgraduates. Nearly 1,600 international students make up almost 20 % of the total student body. Mendel University offers more than 100 different graduate degree programmes in Czech and in English languages. The University comprises one University Institute and five faculties: AgriSciences, Business and Economics, Forestry and Wood Technology, Regional Development and International Studies and Horticulture. The modern university campus is based in Brno, the second largest city in the Czech Republic - the heart of Europe. Brno is considered one of the best student cities as it is listed in the 2018 Top 10 QS Best Student Cities as rated by students.
- Faculty of AgriSciences
- Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Horticulture
- Faculty of Regional Development and International studies
Mendel University in Brno has dedicated facilities for science and teaching, including the Botanical Garden and Arboretum, Training Agricultural Enterprise Žabčice and Training Forest Enterprise Masarykův Les Křtiny.
University and Faculties Management
Rector of the University is prof. Ing. Danuše Nerudová, Ph.D.
For more information regarding the Faculties management refer to here.
Faculties are represented by deans:
- Faculty of AgriSciences - doc. Ing. Pavel Ryant, Ph.D.
- Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology - prof. Dr. Ing. Libor Jankovský
- Faculty of Business and Economics - doc. Ing. Pavel Žufan, Ph.D.
- Faculty of Horticulture - prof. Ing. Robert Pokluda, Ph.D.
- Faculty of Regional Development and International studies - Ing. Jiří Schneider, Ph.D.